YANA Expeditions practices responsible tourism that promotes international understanding, provides rich learning experiences, highlights people to people interaction, delivers benefits to the communities in which we travel, is supportive of cultural preservation and natural environment protection, and provides a good livelihood to all with whom we work. To these ends, YANA Expeditions commits to create trip programs that go beneath the surface to explore the complexity and diversity of Bhutan in all its richness.
Commitment to our travelers:
- Provide opportunities to interact with Bhutanese people from different walks of life.
- Offer insightful background and interpretation of what we encounter on our trips.
- Design flexible programs that meet individual traveler interests over a broad range of cultural, environmental, and social areas.
- Ensure that your safety and health is our top priority in all phases of planning and carrying out a trip.
- Guarantee excellence in logistics arrangement and smoothness in execution, no matter group size or complexity of itinerary.
Commitment to the communities we visit:
- Observe local customs and respect traditional cultures of local people.
- Support local economies by employing local guides and patronizing local restaurants and shops.
- Patronize craftsmen, artisans, and artists in order to promote traditional and contemporary arts.
- Contribute to organizations that promote and preserve traditional cultures.
- Abide by all laws and regulations in the areas in which we travel.
Commitment to the natural environment:
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle-in our office and on our trips.
- Uphold travel practices to keep our impact light on the environments through which we pass.
- Support institutions that protect the natural environment.
Commitment to our employees:
- Create a working atmosphere that encourages personal development.
- Provide training in low-impact travel, responsible tourism.
- Create a working environment fostering mutual respect, integrity, harmony, learning and job satisfaction.